Fixed term contract for 6 months
We are seeking a MEAL Officer for the Start Fund. This role is in the Start Programmes team which sits within Save the Children who act as a Grant Custodian on behalf of the Start Network. This role is for 6 months to support the additional workload since the Start Fund created a new fund to respond to COVID-19. This role will primarily work across the Global Start Fund and Start Fund COVID-19.
The Start Fund is a multi-donor rapid response fund which provides financing to underfunded small to medium scale crises, spikes in chronic humanitarian crises, and to act in anticipation of impending crises, filling a critical gap in humanitarian financing. The Start Network is an independent charity made up of more than 40 aid agency members across five continents, ranging from large international organisations to national NGOs. Our aim is to deliver more effective emergency aid, harnessing the power and knowledge of the network to make faster and better decisions to help people affected by crises. We advocate for radical change in the global aid system so that the world can deal better with the humanitarian challenges of today, and of the future.
As MEAL Officer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the continuation of all MEAL processes, the timely uptake of learning and assist with analyses to better the performance of the Fund. You will also:
• Provide support to strengthen management information systems and processes for data quality, storage and visualisation
• Contribute towards the identification and implementation of diverse and innovative approaches to MEAL
• Contribute towards the development and implementation of a learning strategy and learning workplan for the Start Funds and the Start Network.
To be successful you will have an undergraduate degree, ideally in social science, research methods, humanitarian response or related fields and previous experience delivering MEAL for humanitarian or development programmes. Experience of internal and external representation and excellent data analysis skills are also essential. In addition you will have:
• Demonstrable experience of strong teamwork capabilities and collaboration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with stakeholders at different levels
• Proven experience of embracing new approaches, technology and ways of working
• The ability to manage and deliver against unpredictable workload.
Language skills in French, Spanish or Arabic are desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 5th July 2020