Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Organisational Development Partner, working with colleagues across Human Resources and the wider organisation, to support the continuous improvement of capability development, culture change and performance monitoring.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
The HR team at Save the Children UK is going through an exciting period of change. The Organisational Development Partner will have the opportunity to develop impactful interventions to improve performance and capability and to drive culture change to make sure we are in the best possible shape to deliver our priorities for children. You will also take a lead role in delivery of people and organisational development strategies and the management of change in support of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans, providing information, advice and services as required. In addition you will:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the People & Culture Strategy, specifically but not limited to the Organisational Development, Talent & Learning aspects of the strategy
• Lead the business in identifying the key organisational capabilities which will enable SCUK to deliver its strategic goals, identifying gaps in organisational capability and devising strategies to address these
• Liaise with a range of stakeholders to help shape and implement initiatives related to embedding high standards of skills and behaviours which support our organisational culture, values and principles
• Regularly review the ongoing application and effectiveness of relevant policies, ensuring that they are monitored, issues are identified, and improvements proactively developed, within the context of future service requirements
• Effectively monitor and evaluate organisational development initiatives to ensure return on investment and quality and support the department, divisions or organisation to make informed decisions on changes needs in this space.
To be successful you will be a Chartered CIPD member (or equivalent) who is passionate about making continuous improvements to our organisation’s culture, processes and ways of working. A good knowledge of organisational development theory and practice, with evidence of creating and delivering bespoke OD solutions is also essential. In addition you will have:
• A track record in delivering agreed outcomes to time, within budgets and ensure that interventions achieve learning objectives and required standards
• Experience of working with a range of stakeholders and the ability to influence a range of people professionals and stakeholders
• Experience of implementing the end to end processes associated with performance management and staff development
• The ability to deliver, present and facilitate workshops or briefings to a range of different audiences
• Excellent organisational skills and practical experience of applying good Project Management practices.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 12th June 2020