Do you want to be part of an organisation which stands up for children? If so, join us to manage some of partnerships with global institutions.
We are Save the Children. For a century, we’ve stood up for children’s rights and made sure their voices are heard. We stand side by side with children in the toughest places to be a child and we do whatever it takes to make sure they survive, get protection when they’re in danger, and have the chance to learn. We are constantly finding new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they’re growing up.
Save the Children has a range of partnerships with the UN agencies, to achieve our mutual policy objectives for children and to secure programme funding. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Partnership Manager to lead, manage and develop Save the Children’s evolving relationship with the full range of UN agencies we are responsible for across the global organisation. Ideally, you will have experience of working within the UN system and engaging these institutions through both their headquarters and in programme implementation settings. The post reports to the Head of Partnership Development based in London, working with six peer Managers working on our full range of government of multilateral partners. You will be working across the full range of the organisation - Country Offices, Headquarters and with our UN advocacy Offices. Please see the job description for full information.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Lead partnership and engagement strategies, work plans and proactive approaches between Save the Children and the UN funds and programmes.
- Influence Save the Children’s strategic positioning vis-à-vis the UN, define opportunities with the aim of expanding our strategic collaboration, policy influencing, funding and technical cooperation.
- Identify and anticipate current and future funding trends, opportunities and challenges emerging from International Financial Institutions through networks and engagement.
To be successful, you will be a dynamic, passionate and experienced manager, driven by delivering results for the most disadvantaged people. A strategic thinker, you will also have experience in working within a UN agency and will have a solid understanding of how the UN system works. In addition you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent qualification gained through experience of working in a relevant sector
- Extensive experience within and knowledge of official development partners and of ODA instruments and development financing flows
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in institutional strategic partnership building, brokering relationships with partners, and engagement at a senior level, as well as outstanding negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Have experience of influencing and delivering results across complex organisations
- Possess excellent relationship building skills with the ability to network with and influence senior people internally and externally to achieve results.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.