Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? As Philanthropy and Trusts Manager you will manage a portfolio of relationships with an aspiration to secure five and six figure gifts from Trusts and Foundations.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don't rest until the work is done.
You will be a key member of our growing Trusts team, working as part of the larger Major Giving & Trusts team. This role will help drive and implement an ambitious strategy to grow Trusts and Foundation income, to help achieve the Partnerships & Philanthropy Department's ambition to raise £250m by 2020. You will cultivate, grow and steward relationships Trusts and Foundations, ensuring a tailored, inspiring and personalised journey with Save the Children.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of trusts and foundations
- Actively drive new business by working with our prospect research team, and seeking opportunities to network and attending internal and external events
- Develop and implement strategic, creative and bespoke donor plans
- Produce high quality written proposals, making verbal presentations tailored specifically to inspire and captivate donors.
To be successful you will have outstanding interpersonal skills and a passion for the international development sector. You will need to have experience in navigating complex organisations, as well as of building and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders. As someone with a strong understanding of the principles of major gift fundraising you will also have:
- Experience of working in a trust fundraising environment or similar experience of working with potential high-level funders and supporters.
- Proven experience of producing high quality written communication material.
- Proven track record of delivering against agreed targets, timescales and objectives.
- Computer literacy: ability to undertake word processing and to access and update databases.
- Exceptional influencing skills with the ability to be credible and persuasive at all levels internally and externally.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 27th February