We are looking for an experienced individual with highly developed networks to join us as a Policy and Practice Impact Advisor.
In our Advocacy and Policy department, we fight for children every single day. We drive political agendas at national and global levels. We integrate lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
We work in Northern Ireland and across the UK to reduce the level of child poverty and its impact on children’s early learning and development. We work closely with the communities we aim to support. We recognise their diversity and strengths as well as the challenges they face, and we aim to reflect their diversity and experiences in our team.
As Policy and Practice Impact Advisor you will develop and amplify learning from our partnerships building on existing research evidence. You will also develop and deliver policy and practice influencing strategies in Northern Ireland focused on reducing the impact of poverty on children and their families through improving children’s educational outcomes. You will work to deliver change at a national level and work with colleagues to support projects and advocacy across the UK.
To be successful you will have;
• In-depth knowledge of the evidence, practice and policy landscape, and external stakeholders around early learning and / or child poverty and / or early learning in Northern Ireland.
• Experience of developing and maintaining networks with senior external stakeholders in order to influence national policy and practice.
• Excellent writing skills, including the ability to produce coherent arguments and communicate complex analysis in a compelling way to partners and a range of external audiences.
• Considerable proven skills in producing high-quality literature, policy and practice reviews
• Experience of developing and managing research, policy or practice projects to strict deadlines
• Experience of working with children and / or parents to develop research plans, policy and practice proposals or advocacy strategies
• Experience of working effectively with partner organisations to influence practice at a national level
• Experience of analysing policy and practice challenges and developing creative, credible solutions, drawing on practice evidence to inform policy and wider practice.
• Ability to produce effective communications collateral to create impact and build profile.
• Experience of developing and delivering advocacy strategies to influence national change
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 28th September 2020