The job of a Save the Children’s UK Pricing & Commercial Manager is interesting and fulfilling.
- Are you commercially minded with a passion for data and numbers?
- Do you enjoy analysing and interrogating data?
- Are you passionate about using data to influence business decisions?
- Do you have exceptional interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn’t just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Team Lead, the Pricing and Commercial Manager is an active member of the Business Development Team that is responsible for demonstrating to our donors the benefits for them of working with Save the Children through the delivery compelling and mutually beneficial proposals which deliver real change for children.
The Pricing and Commercial Manager will commercially support the Business Development team in their goal to competitively secure large-scale funding from institutional donors, trusts and foundations by leading the pricing for major (including multi-million-pound) national and global funding opportunities.
Key duties will include acting as the subject matter expert on various commercial pricing projects, assessing data to help develop various pricing strategies, using statistical modelling methods to determine their potential impact, presenting pricing analysis findings to key stakeholders and recommending competitive pricing strategies which offer value for money (VfM).
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The Pricing and Commercial Manager will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
The Pricing and Commercial Manager will support organisational commercial capacity and provide hands-on pricing strategy recommendations to the Business Development team by:
- Leading on the commercial and financial aspects of national, regional and global bidding opportunities
- Reviewing the budgets and commercial arrangements of an assigned portfolio of bids
- Ensuring bidding opportunities and pricing strategy recommendations demonstrate value for money and that costs recovery and risk is taken into account
- Conducting financial modelling/cashflow forecasts to determine the determine the financial risk potential impact of various pricing strategies
- Producing and presenting high quality, well structured, narrative commercial proposals and finance papers for key stakeholder approval
- Providing contract and financial negotiations advice and support to the Save the Children country offices and the Business Development Team
- Demonstrable experience in successfully understanding, evaluation and interpreting data
- Experience using Excel at an advanced level (e.g. advanced formulas and functions)
- Solid understanding of value for money (VfM) principles
- Solid understanding of financial principles and systems
- Ability to develop large budgets (£1m+) for institutional donors and present budget information to donors
- Ability to translate qualitative information into logical budgeting and pricing recommendations
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.