18 month fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Procurement Manager to join our team, helping to drive efficiency and procurement best practice across the organisation. As a member of our small but effective procurement team, you will use your commercial focus and procurement expertise to make a real impact across Save the Children’s UK procurement and support the organisation in achieving its strategic objectives.
Working in 68 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Finance’s vision is that Every Pound Counts for Children and the Procurement Manager will work closely with stakeholders to lead on value for money and cost control, and to implement an effective P2P solution. The role will involve supporting in the delivery of ambitious savings targets on our £45M indirect spend and help teams across the charity get better value from their supplier relationships.
As Procurement Manager your task will be to deliver value-for-money procurement solutions to Save the Children UK through:
- Taking responsibility for a variety of spend categories, identifying savings opportunities, maintaining strong market expertise and managing high value/risk procurement projects
- Supporting the implementation of Agresso’s P2P solution
- Developing relationships with stakeholder groups across the global Save the Children movement
An excellent communicator, the successful candidate will have the ability to influence across the organisation at all levels and support staff though the change process. You should also have:
- MCIPS or be part qualified
- Managed the full procurement cycle for a range of indirects, including: technology solutions (ideally CRM), digital services, travel, print, staffing agencies and consultancy
- Robust negotiation and commercial skills
- Competency in analysing financial spend data, as well as delivering and reporting on benefit realisation
- A proactive approach to managing a busy and varied workload, and the ability to work independently
Save the Children offers flexible working and development opportunities.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date.
Closing date: 27th October 2019