Start date: 24 February 2020
Closing date: 9 March 2020
We are looking for a creative, driven, and experienced professional to join our Business Partnerships Hub as Corporate Programme Development Manager to build our capacity to identify sector-leading partnership models with the private sector, design innovative programmes with our business partners that can achieve transformational change for children, and write outstanding proposals to secure these partnerships.
We are Save the Children. Together, we fight for children every single day so that they can make their mark on the world and build a better future. We stand side by side with children in the toughest places to be a child. We do whatever it takes to make sure they survive, get protection when they’re in danger, and have the chance to learn. In the UK, we work to reduce the level of child poverty and its impact on children’s early learning and development. We work closely with the communities we aim to support.
As Corporate Programme Development Manager, you will oversee the development and writing of high quality, bespoke pitch decks, concept notes, and proposals for business and philanthropic partners. You will project manage the opportunity development process to ensure we are designing programmes that truly leverage the unique assets and capabilities of the private sector – beyond philanthropic funding – to create transformational change for children. This includes designing innovative, sector leading partnerships that emerge through a process of co-design which you will facilitate in partnership with colleagues across the organisation in the UK Impact, Global Programmes, and Fundraising and Marketing Departments. You will:
- Identify and develop innovative partnership opportunities that leverage the unique resources and capabilities of prospective business and philanthropy partners, working closely with the UK Impact, Global Programmes, and Partnerships & Philanthropy departments to ensure alignment between partner and Save the Children priorities
- Work with Partnerships & Philanthropy to proactively steer new opportunities and enquiries with business and philanthropic partners towards Save the Children’s strategic objectives and priorities
- Lead on writing high quality, bespoke and engaging pitch decks, concept notes, and proposals for business and philanthropy partners, as well as cross-sectoral proposals that bring together partners across business, philanthropy, and government.
- Project manage the proposal development process, including ensuring quality assurance of the programme design, including theories of change and budgets.
- Build excellent working relationships with colleagues in the UK Impact, Global Programmes, and Philanthropy & Partnerships teams to ensure our business development materials are compelling for potential partners whilst driven by Save the Children priorities and needs
- Maintain updated systems and databases that track our funding and grant management activities
To keep our promises to children, to safeguard our staff, and to meet our obligations to those who support us and give us funding, we must identify – and effectively manage – the risks we face in all we do. We believe that managing risk is the responsibility of everyone within Save the Children UK, so you will be expected to play your part by:
- understanding what we mean by risk, and by identifying, reporting and managing the risks associated with your role as an integral part of your daily work;
- operating within the policies, procedures and controls set out by the charity from time to time and ensuring your team (if you have one) does the same; and
- ensuring that specific controls are in place to manage the risks within your direct area of responsibility.
You will have passion to work for Save the Children and a commitment to develop well designed proposals, whilst building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders. With a keen eye for detail, demonstrable technical knowledge, and unrivalled problem solving and decision-making skills, you will have:
- Exceptional proposal writing skills – a proven track record of producing high-quality written concept notes and proposals for business and/or philanthropy partners
- A deep understanding of corporate engagement with society and business motivations for societal engagement, including corporate philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, and shared value creation
- A proven ability to conduct analytical research on business to identify corporate opportunities to contribute to development outcomes through core business investments
- A keen ability to tailor your work into persuasive and visually appealing materials for different audiences, including business, philanthropy, and government partners
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills, including an ability to manage high workloads and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in programming and a solid understanding of programme design and programme management
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.