Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Programme Manager in the Humanitarian Capacity Building team and be responsible for the development and delivery of the Mid-Level FIELD Managers Programme and other specialist humanitarian programmes.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Programme Manager – Humanitarian Capacity Building, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Mid-Level FIELD Managers Programme and giving advisory support to the broader Humanitarian Capacity Building portfolio of specialist humanitarian programmes. You will deliver training and facilitation for national and international staff from a range of different NGOs and INGOs, as well as overseeing the delivery of quality learning programmes; including event management, managing mixed facilitation teams, running scenario exercises and coaching participants. In addition you will:
- Manage complex projects within the Learning and Development NGO sector
- Act as faculty on accredited programmes including the assessment, marking and provision of feedback to learners
- Support the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of learning, feeding into the improvement and development of programmes
- Strategically ensure that Save the Children is an effective, collaborative and influential partner, influencing high-level external working groups where possible
- Support other members to build their capacity building infrastructure and programme management methodology.
To be successful you will be an excellent communicator with good networking skills and experience of designing and delivering high quality and impactful learning, including overseeing writing of content. Experienced in providing advice on the conception, design, development and evaluation of learning and development solutions, you will have direct experience of people development approaches as well as good facilitation and training skills. In addition you will have:
- Experience of designing and creating high quality blended learning programmes in a global context
- A good understanding of the Humanitarian sector with experience of working in a humanitarian context or in emergency response
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and organisational skills, gained through managing complex cross-organisational projects with multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering trainings and workshops to mixed ability and mixed language groups.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 24th November 2019