Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Property Executive and support the day-to-day work required to keep Save the Children retail environments well maintained and engaging for our supporters.
Save the Children shops are vibrant community hubs with children at their heart. Providing welcoming spaces where communities come together to create a home for loved products and a place to share ideas. Where we tell children’s stories and listen to their voices and we act in their spirit – with generosity, creativity and kindness. Where ever decision you make helps unlock a child’s potential. Together, shoppers, donors and volunteers help build a brighter future.
As Property Executive you will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day activities and planning required to keep our network of retail properties well maintained. Working closely with the wider retail team, you will make a significant impact in supporting reactive maintenance works and compliance contracts, overseeing business rates, insurance and service charge expenditure, undertaking property projects, and responding to a range of queries and requests for information.
- Be the main point of contact for enquiries from a range of internal and external stakeholders (surveyors, agents, landlords and colleagues)
- Play a key role in managing statutory testing, contracts and invoices.
- Oversee accuracy of quarterly rent payments
- Manage key processes following property transactions; including initial set up / close of utilities and business rates accounts.
To be successful you will be a strong communicator with a collaborative approach across our diverse stakeholders. With proven experience in developing administrative systems and processes, you will have outstanding accuracy and attention to detail. Additionally you will have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel) and confidence in using databases and analysing data
- Effective time management skills with an ability to prioritise, be proactive, and remain calm even under pressure
- A strong interest in charity retail and/or property management.
- Background of working within a property or retail focused role is desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 26th January 2020