Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Prospect Development Executive and help us to identify and research new business opportunities for the Philanthropy and Partnerships and Regional Engagement Departments.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Prospect Development Executive you will be responsible for identifying new prospects and donors in order to maximize the value of our relationship fundraising income streams. You will develop strong relationships with our relationship fundraising teams, prioritising and responding to their research requests producing accurate and concise profiles on current and prospective donors. You will support the Senior Prospect Development Manager to develop and deliver a sophisticated prospect management system that helps drive fundraising performance. In addition you will:
- Use, promote and maintain CARE (relationship management database) with up-to-date, accurate data, and FastStats (data extraction tool) in order to manipulate and extract data to support the team’s prospecting activities
- Support with other research requests as required, including due diligence research to support the Donation Acceptance process for assessments up to Executive Director/ Trustee level
- Track current supporters, looking at movements of wealth, mergers & acquisitions etc, through the press and other sources
- Keep at the forefront of current trends and best practice in prospect development; keeping up to date with the latest prospect development techniques and resources.
To be successful you will be a flexible self-starter with Prospect Development experience in a charity, university or consultancy environment, and an excellent knowledge of the UK philanthropic sector. You will have good analytical and research skills and a strong track record of producing high quality research on individuals, trusts and companies. Additionally you will have:
- Experience of using a relationship management database, such as CARE or Raisers Edge
- Experience of implementing Prospect Management processes, including developing strategies and systems to manage prospects, from identification to qualification and allocation
- The ability to condense large quantities of information into concise and readable formats for fundraisers, Directors and Trustees, pulling out the key information
- Excellent written communications skills; an eye for detail and experience of producing accurate written documents in a timely manner.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 15th December 2019