Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Rewards and Benefit Specialist and develop, design and implement a Reward and Benefits strategy that supports the delivery of SCUK’s strategic priorities and is aligned to SCUK’s culture as set out in SCUK’s People & Culture Strategy.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Rewards and Benefit Specialist you will operate at a strategic level, this role develops policy, presents proposals and drives delivery for specialist areas and development of the benefits portfolio to meet organisational needs. You will also lead the annual salary review process, making proposals and recommendations and working in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure effective communication and implementation to quality and time. In addition you will:
• Provide specialist expertise and advice to the organisation and HR team to make informed decisions on Reward matters that help to support cultural and organisational change
• Project manage the organisation’s employee benefits schemes, developing proposals for improvements to include implementation to quality and time
• Be responsible for the development and delivery of a reporting suite to include gender and equal pay reporting, salary modelling for annual pay review, working closely with the HR systems team to ensure data accuracy, quality and integrity
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with divisional leads, management teams and HR Colleagues to promote a collaborative approach to developing and managing an effective reward and benefits portfolio.
To be successful you will be a seasoned Reward professional with a background in generalist HR to include multi-sector and multi HR discipline experience at management level. A Chartered Member of CIPD (or with equivalent experience) you will have experience of having developed Reward and Benefits strategies to drive delivery of organisational priorities and support the delivery of a wider employee value proposition offer. In addition you will have:
• Experience of managing reward and benefits aspects of change arising from significant changes to business practices, behaviours and attitudes.
• Evidence of working closely with Executive and Senior leaders to understanding requirements; developing solutions and presenting proposals at Executive level
• Evidence of operational management skills with the emphasis on delivering high quality, customer orientated services to meet required SLAs and KPIs requirements
• Experience of working with and influencing a range of people professionals and other stakeholders across the organisation.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 27th May 2020