We are seeking someone with proven compliance or internal auditing experience to join us as a Safeguarding Compliance Manager. You will provide effective assurance to the Director of Safeguarding over a wide range of initiatives and functions, including the process of donor reporting, internal safeguarding audit and review, and other measures to ensure Save the Children's compliance with its safeguarding obligations.
Our Safeguarding team works across Save the Children to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do.
At Save the Children safeguarding children, our beneficiaries and staff is at the heart of everything we do, as Safeguarding Compliance Manager you will impact the delivery of our services by making sure all of our programmes are compliant ensuring that we are transparent and accountable to the people we serve. You will:
- Lead and coordinate the process and practice of donor compliance reporting for all safeguarding matters
- Conduct regular assurance visits to programmes, partners and others working directly with children
- Work closely with the Risk Team to ensure that internal audits are well coordinated and actions are completed
- Provide analysis of safeguarding incidents reported to donors and report any emerging trends to allow mitigations to be developed
- Coordinate the organisational response to non-compliance with mandatory safeguarding training and other requirements
Passionate about Save the Children's values, you will have a background in compliance or internal auditing, ideally in the field of safeguarding. You will have experience supporting organisational risk mitigation, particularly across multiple functions or projects involving multiple stakeholders. Holding an audit qualification in a recognised methodology, or with proven equivalent experience, you will also have:
- Multi-disciplinary experience of working successfully with senior management and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise your own workload and work autonomously
- The ability to think strategically and respond to challenges
- Proven analytical skills to be able to analyse child safeguarding incident reporting
- Highly developed communication skills (both written and oral)
- Interest and knowledge in the NGO sector.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable people in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children and vulnerable people are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 29th February