We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Senior Business Development Manager, playing a key role in our Business Development team in leading the design process and bid development for our largest, most exciting and most complex international development and humanitarian funding opportunities with Institutional funders. You will have a particular focus on World Bank RFPs, FCDO commercial contracts, and other competitive funding opportunities.
In providing leadership in identifying, developing and winning bids you'll enable Save the Children to resource its global strategies by securing programmes which deliver impact at scale for children. Working in close collaboration with the country offices and our technical teams, you will:
- Collaborate to identify potential funding opportunities in priority countries which are in line with country strategic plans and thematic priorities.
- Lead the identification of suitable consortium partners, negotiating business and management arrangements and associated legal agreements.
- Lead the production and writing of high quality and fully complaint standard selection questionnaires/expressions of interest and technical and commercial proposals, ensuring they are submitted to donors on time.
- On successful bids, work with the Programme Management function to coordinate contract mobilisation activities.
To be successful you will ideally have track record in coordinating, writing and securing large and/or complex tenders or grants with a values in excess £10m. Experience of negotiating business and management arrangements for bids with partner organisations is also important, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, you'll:
- Be experienced in setting the commercial strategy for winning bids: Overseeing budget building, taking into account cost recovery requirements, ensuring the appropriate balance of technical depth and breadth, assessing competitor bidders and setting the right price point.
- Have a good understanding of key technical areas, relevant to our work, such as health, education, child protection, gender and livelihoods.
- Be familiar with donor bidding and management processes.
- Have impeccable organisational skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 14th March 2021
Please note - whilst this role is advertised as office based, Save The Children UK will remain a remote-working organisation until at least 30 June 2021.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds, as these are underrepresented at Save the Children UK.