Farringdon, London – with international travel, up to 25% annually
We are looking for a creative, driven, and experienced leader to join our Business Partnerships Hub as Senior Business Programmes and Innovation Manager to build our capacity to identify sector-leading partnership models with the private sector, design innovative programmes with our business partners and country offices that can achieve transformational change for children, and write outstanding proposals to secure these partnerships.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, and builds partnerships with institutional donors, businesses, philanthropists, trusts and foundations to drive lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Senior Business Programmes and Innovation Manager you will lead on developing innovative, sector leading programmes with corporate partners for our development and humanitarian work. You will project manage the opportunity development process to ensure we are designing programmes that truly leverage the unique assets and capabilities of the private sector – beyond philanthropic funding – to create transformational change for children. You will:
1. Develop bespoke, innovative programmes for business partners
- Lead identification of new, innovative models of partnership with business, acting as a champion and subject matter expert within the organisation for new and emerging forms of partnership, including shared value and social ventures.
- Proactively identify and develop opportunities within new and existing business partners to test and embed new modalities of collaboration which optimise the capabilities and expertise of each partner and allow Save the Children to achieve even greater impact for children.
- Identify and develop innovative partnership opportunities that leverage the unique assets and capabilities of prospective business and philanthropy partners, working closely with Fundraising Account Managers and Technical Advisors to ensure alignment between partner and Save the Children priorities.
- Lead on writing high quality, bespoke and engaging concept notes and proposals, especially managing the production of strategic, global and multi-regional, and cross-sectoral proposals that bring together partners across business, philanthropy, institutional donors, and specialized institutions.
- Lead on developing ideas, concepts and proposals within specific thematic areas (e.g., health and nutrition, child sensitive supply chain), to inform new partnerships and complex programme development within these areas and serving as a content expert within the organisation.
- Project manage the programme and proposal development process, securing all the required approvals and overseeing quality assurance of the programme design, including logframes and budgets, in line with Save the Children sign off and approval policies.
- Build strong relationships and work in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including multiple teams within our UK office as well as country-based programme, technical, and finance experts, to develop high quality programmes and proposals.
- Ensure new partnerships and programmes are as strategic as possible for the organisation, developing partnerships in such a way as to make the best use of Save’s unique capabilities and resources, as well as those of our partners, and which best contribute to the achievement of our Breakthroughs for children.
2. Help to lead strong programme development in our Business Partnerships Hub
- Play a leadership role in the Business Partnerships Hub to drive forward our organisation-wide Business Partnerships Strategy, working closely with the Business Programmes Team Lead, Head of Business Partnerships, and Deputy Director for Partnerships
- Support the Business Programmes Team Lead to share and drive best practice in opportunity identification and proposal development within the team and the wider organisation, and to develop new and innovative ways to inspire and engage partners. This includes identifying learning and development needs and developing and delivering training and/ or coaching as required.
- Review and proofread work produced by the team to ensure their quality for donors, and to provide feedback.
- Support country offices in programme and proposal development and capacity building, including travelling to provide in-country support as and when required.
To keep our promises to children, to safeguard our staff, and to meet our obligations to those who support us and give us funding, we must identify – and effectively manage – the risks we face in all we do. We believe that managing risk is the responsibility of everyone within Save the Children UK, so you will be expected to play your part by:
- understanding what we mean by risk, and by identifying, reporting and managing the risks associated with your role as an integral part of your daily work;
- operating within the policies, procedures and controls set out by the charity from time to time and ensuring your team (if you have one) does the same; and
- ensuring that specific controls are in place to manage the risks within your direct area of responsibility.
You will have passion to work for Save the Children and a commitment to develop well designed proposals, whilst building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders. With a keen eye for detail, demonstrable technical knowledge, and unrivalled problem solving and decision making skills, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working with or in the private sector and a deep understanding of corporate engagement with society, including shared value creation, corporate social responsibility, and social venture models
- A proven track record in developing successful, high-value, complex proposals that leverage the unique assets and capabilities of business beyond philanthropic funding alone
- Experience developing cross-sectoral partnerships with business, philanthropists, institutional donors, and specialized institutions
- A solid understanding of international development programmes, including their design and delivery, ideally within a specific thematic focus (e.g., health and nutrition, education, supply chain)
- The ability to translate your knowledge of corporate societal engagement into innovative partnership ideas, well-articulated concept notes, and successful proposals, including a good understanding of business language.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20 August 2019