6 month fixed term contract
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Senior Data Capability Manager and champion the delivery of key supporter data projects that will aim to reduce business risk and increase value.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Data Capability Manager you will lead cross-team projects that will reduce business risk and increase the value derived through sophisticated supporter-centric campaigns. Working in an environment of agile, multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide expert data advice into strategic organisational projects. Proactively identifying and driving forward strategic initiatives that will improve levels of performance and value delivered by the CRM team, you will drive excellence in data technologies, structures, governance and QA procedures. In addition you will:
- Create and embed new Quality Assurance procedures throughout the CRM team to help minimise business risk from data errors
- Assess and then maximise the value derived from our existing technologies whilst keeping abreast of new developments in the marketplace that could offer further value
- Lead in the development of data documentation that is accessible, useable, and up-to-date
- Develop strong relationships with marketing squads, in order to ensure data and insight are at the heart of all decision-making processes.
To be successful you will be a superb problem-solver with project management skills and a passion for data. You will have significant experience in a variety of data roles, ideally gained in a similar organisation. You will have a demonstrable understanding of the role of data in planning, delivering and evaluating ‘Best in Class’ Direct Marketing campaigns and supporter journeys. Additionally you will have:
- Significant experience optimising data service levels within other data teams, e.g. optimising processes, improving SLAs, improving Quality Assurance procedures
- Proven expertise using a variety of database technologies, ideally CARENG , Adobe Campaign Manager and FastStats Discoverer
- Exceptional technical skills including significant experience using a variety of database query languages to extract and interrogate data from relational databases.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd December 2019