Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join Save the Children as a Senior Developer and lead the Microsoft Technologies development team, directly supporting services which help our campaigns.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Developer you will be responsible for the design, building, testing and delivery of software developments & enhancements in accordance with agreed project and development plans. You will play a key role in the support of production systems working with our Operations Teams to ensure that the availability and performance of the developed systems are maximised. You will manage the SharePoint, .NET and CRM team, assisting with web development and associated technologies. You will co-ordinate testing on any upgrades and developments to ensure live operations are safeguarded. In addition you will:
- Design & build Microsoft stack solutions, enhancements and configurations to meet business needs according to agreed project and development plans
- Design, build and configure CRM solutions and systems including recommendations on best practice
- Work with the IS Department to ensure full integration of Application & Technical Support for SharePoint, .NET and CRM systems
- Develop proof of concept mobile solutions and enhance iteratively to full production applications
- Work together with the Data & Development and Operations teams in managing interfaces to/from SharePoint/CRM systems and resolving issues.
To be successful you will have a wide variety of development and technology skills and experience and have a passion for keeping up with latest developments within the industry. You will have excellent experience of solving complex issues through analysis, as well as the ability to understand and interpret business requirements and translate these into a developed solution. You will have experience developing and implementing Dynamics CRM and be familiar with connecting it to other Microsoft technologies including .NET and SharePoint. In addition you will have:
- Significant CRM experience (MS Dynamics preferred)
- Significant MS SQL experience including reporting/dashboards etc.
- SharePoint experience including RESTful API, CSOM, workflows etc.
- Knowledge of SSIS (or similar ETL tool) for interfacing data
- Knowledge of BI reporting tools (e.g. SSRS).
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Closing date: 18th September 2019