Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join our Humanitarian Capacity Building team as a Senior Digital Learning Manager and lead on the development and delivery of the digital approach across our portfolio of learning and talent development programmes.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Digital Learning Manager you will set the strategic direction for technology-enhanced humanitarian capacity building for the department, driving the digital learning agenda. This position will be accountable for the delivery of our digital strands and for the continuing support and development of emerging innovations in learning. In addition you will:
- Be responsible for sourcing and managing high-value partnerships with private and academic partners to deliver quality, cutting-edge digital learning solutions
- Lead the delivery of our Digital Roadmap, including the management of our Digital Hub of online learning expertise within the team
- Manage and develop learning technologist staff within the Humanitarian Capacity Building team.
To be successful you will be a motivating people manager, with experience of developing and overseeing the work of e-learning/digital creative professionals. In addition, you will have proven experience advising and influencing Senior Managers to develop scalable, best practice digital learning solutions. You must have proven experience managing a variety of e-learning solutions that combine learning and development and change management methodologies to design and provide solutions to a complex and multi-faceted organisation. In addition you will have:
- A degree or the equivalent in technology or business
- Good existing learning and development networks in the humanitarian sector
- A strong understanding of the international humanitarian system
- Professional IT and/ or project management and/or management qualification
- A demonstrable track record of designing and delivering high quality learning content by electronic means
- The ability to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice and to remote and insecure locations.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 11th December 2019
Interviews will take place on the 16th and 17th December