6 month Fixed Term Contract
The job of a Save the Children's UK Senior Digital Product Designer is varied and fulfilling.
- Do you have experience of user centred experience design and iterative product testing?
- Do you enjoy working within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver ambitious results?
- Are you a positive and enthusiastic team player?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
As Senior Digital Product Designer, you play a key part in our drive to offer cutting edge digital-first experiences and propositions to win new audiences to our cause. Working across multi-disciplinary teams, you'll spot opportunities that meet business goals and user needs and collaborate with other specialists to make them a reality. You'll help launch test propositions and know how to harness learnings and rapidly iterate. Supporting the optimisation of our existing digital estate and driving a high quality digital-first user centric approach in the design space are also essential parts of this role.
This role offers you the opportunity to have access to best in class Adobe Marketing stack, a skilled development team as well as a corporate culture that puts well-being at the forefront. Initially a six-month contract, we are moving at pace in transforming our supporter experience and marketing so there may be the opportunity for this role to be made permanent.
- Drive the delivery of innovative products through collaboration with other specialists to solve complexities, reduce risks and find best solutions to project objectives.
- Communicating product strategy to wider business via workshopping, roadmapping and stakeholder management.
- Leading on concepting and experience design on test propositions: user research, UX flows, wireframing and protoytyping, visual interface and general visual aesthetics.
- Leading experience design for new features on existing products such as our main website and e-commerce site working closely with out in-house development squad and stakeholders.
- Identifying and trialing new approaches that improve working practices towards user-centricity and high quality user experience.
- Inspire and set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop leaders and colleagues to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and actively encourage collaborative teamwork across a globally distributed and aligned team, demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and taking prompt action to address any activities and behaviours that are not consistent with Save the Children's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
- Inspire and set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop leaders and colleagues to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience Inspire and set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop leaders and colleagues to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead, develop and motivate the Design leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, creative capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives. Monitor and keep up to date with content and user experience approaches, tactics and strategies relevant for Save the Children.
- Ensure that Save the Children digital experiences are accessible and compliant with latest legislation and best practice.
Essential Technical Skills:
Proven experience of user centered experience design and iterative product testing.
- Proven experience in articulating ideas and shaping key product decisions.
- Experience in user research and testing, wire framing and prototyping (hi-fidelity).
- Understanding of interdependcy between data systems and product design.
- Experience of working with developers using common tools and methodologies.
- Attention to detail and proven experience of crafting high quality design.
- A UX/UI qualification (desirable).
- A positive, enthusiastic team player. Someone who is open and who is able and willing to deliver beyond his or her personal brief and thrives on collaboration.
- Curious to learn, always looking to improve their skills and that of their colleagues.
- Detailed –oriented, self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
- Innovative and able to adapt to changing situations and able to apply technical and professional expertise and work effectively with others.
- Great communication skills, able to communicate with impact, inspire commitment from others, and build strong internal and external networks.
- Is passionate about product design and a champion of the user.
- Commitment to Save the Children's vision, mission, values and approach
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.