We fight for children every day and we are looking for a Senior Emergency Clinical Advisor to join the Emergency Health Unit (EHU) and provide clinical oversight and leadership to the EHU deployments.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Emergency Clinical Advisor you will provide direction and leadership to ensure the provision of quality, safe health services to children and their families across the globe. You will be expected to deploy within 48 hours for between 2 to 12 weeks when technical guidance is needed or in the absence of a clinical lead. You will also play a technical leadership role on ensuring the EHU clinical functions are fit for purpose and adhere to the EMT standards. In addition you will:
- Provide technical line management to the primary health care and field hospital teams when on deployment, ensuring clinical standards are upheld
- Regularly engage with humanitarian regional and country office public health advisors (health, WASH, nutrition) to keep up to date with any upcoming health crises that would require EHU support.
- Be familiar with and ensure adherence to clinical guidelines and quality assurance on inpatient care
- Oversee the clinical governance arrangements for the EHU and review/facilitate quality improvement processes including protocol development, case reviews, quality audits and patient safety risk management.
To be successful you will be a Medical Doctor with experience in providing clinical care in resource limited settings as well as experience of working in large-scale first phase emergency response. Motivated by delivering quality humanitarian health programming, you will have excellent knowledge of humanitarian public health standards and regulations for the provision of field based clinical care. The ability and desire to build a strong clinical team, which is able to provide a high level of health care in emergencies anywhere in the world.
You will have:
- Experience of programme management across multiple locations
- Experience working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Political and cultural sensitivity along with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- A high level of written and spoken English.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 26th March 2020