We are looking for an experienced Events professional with a high value background and established technical events skills to join Save the Children’s Special Events team within the Partnerships & Philanthropy Department as a Senior Manager.
Our Marketing & Fundraising department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Senior Manager in the Special Events Team you will lead a range of high-level events and activities. Working on both existing events and developing new initiatives, you have a high degree of creativity and donor insight, with your aim to secure committed long-term engagement and maximise income.
You will play a key role in supporting new business and leveraging significant gifts within the wider Partnerships & Philanthropy Department. Through developing relationships both internally and externally you will identify opportunities and ways to collaborate on initiatives which support the overall departments strategy.
This role requires you to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision as well as the ability to communicate and influence at a high level, in addition you will:
- Build strong relationships with event committees, senior staff and volunteers, sponsors, companies, Production Directors and suppliers - managing these relationships to ensure high level buy in and support on all events
- Feel comfortable networking with external influential and high-profile individuals, donors, corporate partners, as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Work closely with account managers across the organisation to develop a connection with events and to seek out new opportunities and collaborations to maximise income and generate new prospects• Significant experience in managing and producing fundraising events, ideally raising £300k+
- Proven senior stakeholder management and negotiation skills• Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey key messages in a clear, effective way and interact with a variety of individuals at all levels
- Expert knowledge of Charity and Fundraising laws and regulations• Exceptional organisational and project management skills specifically related to income generating event management
- Experience of working with high net worth and high-profile individuals
- To be successful you will have experience of delivering a range of high value events to exceptional high standards. In addition, you will have:
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 13th October 2019