12 month fixed term contract
£38,250 - £45,000
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Senior Fundraising and Marketing Risk and Compliance Manager. You will lead, develop and embed the Risk & Compliance function across the Marketing and Fundraising divisions ensuring all individuals, projects and materials are compliant with all relevant sector codes, best practice and regulatory requirements and that all our risks are managed effectively.
In our Fundraising and Marketing department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don't rest until the work is done.
As Senior Fundraising and Marketing Risk and Compliance Manager you will provide expert advice to the large Fundraising & Marketing division, to enable teams to launch sector-leading, supporter centric fundraising and marketing campaigns, to raise millions of pounds every year to support children around the world. You will play a vital role in ensuring our activities are compliant with all relevant sector and wider regulations, as well as support teams to embed effective, proactive risk management strategies. In addition you will:
• Be pivotal in maintaining successful working relationships between Fundraising & Marketing and central expert teams, including Legal and Risk Management, as well as implementing policies, procedures, guidance and training for teams
• Own and write division specific policies which help us to be compliant with all relevant legislation and to operate within our values, and input into the development of organisational policies which impact our supporter engagement activities
• Deliver and further develop the divisional Risk Management Framework, working with senior stakeholders to provide suitable planning, mitigations and assurance to the Executive Directors, Audit Committee and Board of Trustees.
To be successful you will be proactive, adaptable and flexible with experience in delivering fundraising or marketing compliance. A great relationship builder, you are able to quickly understand the varied work of numerous teams in order to provide tailored advice. Proven experience of working on multiple cross-team projects simultaneously, delivering against objectives and deadlines is also essential. In addition you will:
• Have experience in risk management and supporting teams to maintain compliance with regulations and standards, with a good understanding of the fundraising sector
• Be positive and solutions focused, motivated by facilitating collaboration across a wide number of teams and enabling teams to get their campaigns out the door
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex compliance and risk issues to a range of audiences
• Have experience of compiling, producing and providing key input to reports, systems, processes and other forms of documentation
• Have the ability to work with other teams across the department who have different needs and pressures, and be able to manage this professionally.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Please note - whilst this role is advertised as office based, Save The Children UK will remain a remote-working organisation until at least 30 June 2021.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th October 2020