Fixed term contract for 6 months
Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Join us as Senior Global Media Manager to ensure Save the Children’s voice is heard around the world through a strong media profile.
In our Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns department, we fight for children every single day.
As Senior Global Media Manager you will be responsible for obtaining media coverage for Save the Children around the world, ensuring that all coverage reflects our key messaging and aligns divisions. You will share crisis management team responsibilities with the head of the Global Media Unit, and act as a key focal point for media management at time of humanitarian disasters. In addition you will:
- Maintain a strong network of contacts with international journalists as well as identify and build key international partnerships
- Hold an overview of international media outlets, print, broadcast and online and key influential regional outlets.
- Commission and manage the production of multi-media products, supporting other team members with collecting multimedia content
- Influence Save the Children’s campaign and advocacy plans to help achieve media objectives
- Line management responsibilities of members of the GMU and regional media managers, CMT duties, strategy/ working group meetings.
To be successful you will have excellent communication skills and significant experience as a news journalist or a press officer in an international setting. You will be an organized self-starter with good persuasion skills and knowledge of global issues. You will have the ability to work fast and pitch stories persuasively in a high pressure environment. You will be a strong team player who is able to work both independently and collaboratively. In addition you will have:
- Excellent writing skills for press releases, media briefings, opinion pieces and the crafting of key messages
- Strong knowledge of different needs for variety of influential international media outlets
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience of project managing complex media outcomes across different outlets
- The ability to travel at short notice, often to developing countries in difficult working environments
- Fluency in at least one other international language.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd August 2019