Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer and be responsible for maintaining and supporting the infrastructure platforms that our teams rely on.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be the design authority for all physical and virtual infrastructures, enterprise storage and cloud technologies focussing on Office365 and Azure. You will assist in the development of the 1st/2nd line support function, working with the 3rd Line application and network teams to ensure that all systems and support are aligned with technical and business requirements. In addition you will:
- Be expected to liaise with all levels of computer users, support staff and outside vendors to quickly understand, evaluate and remedy server and network technical support issues as and when they occur
- Work with 2nd line and the Service Desk in incident resolution and problem management, also providing guidance and knowledge transfer for specific tasks
- Provide 3rd Line infrastructure support to Save the Children UK users within the defined SLA’s, prioritising workload where needed and managing conflict resolution
- Ensure that detailed documentation is in place for all infrastructure systems in the live production and test environments to enable existing and new team members to support Save the Children UK infrastructure.
To be successful you will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with an MCSE or equivalent. You will have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – 2016, Microsoft Hyper-V clustering and proficiency in managing and configuring AD, DFS, DNS, Group Policy, ADFS, etc. In addition you will preferably have experience in:
- VMware ESXi clustering
- Microsoft Office 365: Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business
- Backup/Disaster Recovery Products
- Anti-Virus Products
- Microsoft RDS/VDI Deployments
- Microsoft Azure technologies including Azure ADDS, VMs, Enterprise apps, Storage accounts, Virtual networks, B2B, etc.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd November 2019