Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Senior Media Manager and lead on an integrated media strategy that promotes our brand and helps deliver our influencing and corporate objectives to Northern Ireland media audiences.
In our Advocacy and Policy department, we fight for children every single day. We drive political agendas at national and global levels. We integrate lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Media Manager you will lead on developing and implementing a media and PR plan for Northern Ireland that supports our objectives, clearly identifying target audiences and the appropriate communication channels to reach them. You will build content and outputs that support children and families to tell their stories, using digital and social media to raise awareness for our work and writing influential op-eds for a variety of platforms. You will develop and maintain relationships with key media and stakeholders, leading media engagement with DEC partners. Additionally, this role will involve:
- News leadership around key humanitarian moments on the planned calendar
- Taking accountability for the excellence of media outputs, across press releases, idea generation
- Identifying opportunities to deliver corporate communications which promote Save the Children, the organisation, as distinct from Save the Children, the cause
- Advising on budget requirements and operate within the budget available.
To be successful you should have experience either as a senior news journalist or in media handling, with a strong track record of success in developing media strategies and obtaining coverage in a variety of outlets. We are looking for somebody with a strong grasp of Northern Irish, UK and international news and current affairs, with excellent media contacts. You will need strong written and verbal communications skills, with the confidence to act as a spokesperson and write national features, alongside the ability to tailor communications to different audiences. In addition, you should have:
- The ability to work fast, effectively and often under high pressure, as well as motivating others to do the same
- A strong ability to lead teams, managing workloads across disciplines and setting priorities
- Excellent reactive skills and the ability to lead a team in face of breaking stories
- Experience using social and digital media to increase news reach
- Experience of working as a journalist/media manager internationally is desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 1st March 2020