Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Senior New Business Manager and identify and secure new strategic, corporate partnerships that align with Save the Children’s organisational objectives.
In our Fundraising and Marketing department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior New Business Manager you will develop and implement ambitious sector strategies, producing tailored new business propositions and achieving an annual income target of over £500k. You will take personal responsibility and accountability for proactively generating leads, building networks, making contacts and bringing in new partnerships. You will demonstrate emphasis on external facing activity, meeting and engaging prospective partners and seeking and attending external events as an opportunity to generate leads. In addition, you will:
- Work cross-organisationally, identifying when to engage technical specialists and senior staff in approaches and engagement, using the breadth of Save the Children to maximise opportunities
- Produce and deliver high quality, creative bespoke presentations and proposals, ensuring a tailored approach for each prospect
- Take a proactive role in feeding into the new business partnership strategy, generating ideas, bringing external insight and taking a lead role in agreed areas of delivery.
To be successful you will be proactive with excellent interpersonal skills, and significant experience of securing new corporate partnerships in the private or third sector. You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to influence others, alongside demonstrable experience of winning partnerships of £500k and above. Additionally, you should have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective proposal writing and correspondence to internal and external audiences
- Confidence networking with, and influencing, senior people both internally and externally in order to achieve agreed outcomes
- The ability to think creatively and to develop tailor made proposals to meet corporate and Save the Children objectives
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload in a pressured environment.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 9th February 2020