Fixed term contract for 12 months
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join us as Senior Philanthropy Advisor leading on the development and delivery of a strategy to both grow existing relationships and build new ones whilst also strengthening SCUK’s broader reach and influence.
Our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
We believe that philanthropists are a vital part of our future in terms of both giving and influence. Our loyal donors already include leaders from the business, media and financial world. Income from Philanthropists has already tripled since 2014, with the Philanthropy Department setting out a clear vision to raise £125million from Philanthropists by 2020. In this role you will:
- Operate at the very highest level of donor cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship to secure transformational support for Save the Children’s objectives, goals and vision for children.
- Responsible for significantly growing and personally securing seven and eight figure gifts
- Creating and seeking opportunities to grow Save the Children’s philanthropic and influential networks.
- Personally build strong relationships of value with the UK’s leading philanthropists, business leaders and executives.
- Be a key member of the Philanthropy leadership team with responsibility for driving and leading new business and supporting the team to broker new relationships, reaching into new sectors and expanding our philanthropic networks both in the UK and internationally.
- Work closely with senior executives, Trustees, Chairman and the CEO in order to build new networks and support introductions at the most senior level.
- International and UK travel will be required.
To be successful you will have significant experience gained at a senior level within a major gifts fundraising environment or with High Net-worth individuals or high-level relationship management roles in a sizable for profit environment. You will also have extensive implementation experience of the principles of major gift fundraising, to include identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition of major donors, trusts and foundations. In addition you will have:
- Significant experience of cultivating new business relationships and successfully converting into long term relationships of value
- A demonstrable track record of delivering seven figure gifts against agreed targets and timescales with significant experience of the steps involved in cultivating and managing a seven figure gifts
- A demonstrable track record of being able to influence, be persuasive and credible at the most senior levels, securing buy-in and support in order to achieve objectives
- A demonstrable track record of building collaborative ways of working across teams in order to achieve objectives
- An excellent communicator with the ability to flex style to a variety of audiences
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 29th September