Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as the Senior PR Manager in our new Aware Squad, playing a key role in raising the profile of Save the Children UK amongst key target audiences by developing and delivering projects that command media attention and coverage.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior PR Manager you will project manage PR support for Save the Children’s Aware Squad, working with the right PR team members to develop and execute creative ways to deliver on the Supporter Engagement plan. You will ensure that PR output champions Save the Children’s brand, maximizing parternships, celebrity involvement and creative ideas. This role will involve managing PR plans to ensure effective prioritization, delivering popular media coverage on key strategic campaigns, and writing and coordinating media releases and briefings. In addition you will:
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with journalists (especially those on features, women’s, lifestyle, showbiz outlets) across print, digital and broadcast media
- Leverage social media and new technologies to develop digital-first PR campaigns, including influencer activations.
- Represent the PR & Digital Media team within the multi-disciplinary Aware squad, liaising between the two teams to deliver on develop PR strategies and provide PR consultancy for new Save the Children’s marketing initiatives.
To be successful you will be an excellent communicator, with a comprehensive knowledge of the external media environment and a minimum of 5 years’ experience of mass-market PR. You will need sound strategic thinking, planning and organisational skills, with experience developing and executing PR strategies across multiple media platforms and a track record of success in obtaining strong media coverage for a variety of outlets. You will also have excellent personal contacts in relevant journalists, PR and Marketing professionals. Additionally, you will have:
- Experience working in a busy, high-pressure Press Office, Marketing/Public Relations agency or similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make decisions on what to prioritise when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Excellent writing skills – including writing compelling press releases, features and comment pieces.
- Strong journalistic skills of identifying and shaping key media lines
- Ability to travel at short notice
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 23rd February 2020