Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Senior Prospect Development Manager you will be responsible for leading a high quality, agile and proactive Prospect Development function to maximise the value of our high value donor base.
In our Marketing and Fundraising department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Senior Prospect Development Manager you will be responsible for the performance of the Prospect Development function; allocating and planning the Executives’ workload as well as tracking and sharing outcomes and successes. You will manage and develop a sophisticated prospect management system that helps drive fundraising performance as well as driving forward Save the Children UK’s Donation Acceptance Policy and Process. You’ll develop and implement the Prospect Development strategy, managing budget and contracts as well as specific research projects. In addition you will:
- Input into KPI and budgeting process for high value teams where necessary, supporting the development and reporting on key deliverables across the year
- Work in collaboration with the fundraising teams, senior management teams, trustees and volunteers to develop highly effective networks of contacts and relationships
- Keep the team at the forefront of current trends and best practice in prospect development; keeping up to date with the latest prospect development techniques and resources.
To be successful you will be an excellent verbal and written communicator and influencer with significant Prospect Development experience in a charity, university or consultancy environment. Experienced at managing, developing and inspiring a team, you will have excellent relationship management skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels of the organisations. You’ll need excellent analytical and research skills, with a strong track record of producing high quality prospect research on individuals, trusts and companies. Additionally, you will have:
- A solid understanding of the GDPR legislation and how this impacts Prospect Development
- Experience of condensing large quantities of information into concise and readable formats
- Experience of implementing Prospect Management processes, including developing strategies and systems to manage prospects, from identification to qualification and allocation
- Experience of using a relationship management database, such as CARE or Raisers Edge.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 29th March 2020