Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Special Events Assistant and help us to develop and deliver a programme of prestigious, innovative and inspiring events.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Special Events Assistant you will support the delivery of a portfolio of fundraising and stewardship events which raise vital funds and inspire long-term committed support from high net-worth individuals, trusts foundations, and corporates, contributing to Partnerships & Philanthropy’s annual income and investment goals.
Your role will provide administrative and financial support to the Special Events team, including daily income and invoice processing, and coordinating travel and meeting bookings. You will support the Head of Special Events and team members to efficiently manage relationships with committees by maintaining accurate donor records and keeping systems and processes up to date. You will be responsible for monitoring the Special Events email inbox and maintaining the Special Events social media platforms and pages on the website. In addition, you will:
- Monitor and produce monthly income and expenditure reports against individual event budgets
- produce updates, and prepare presentations to support event committee cultivation and stewardship
- Provide support on selected events through managing guest lists and RSVP’s, coordinating table payments, donations, data uploads, post event prize administration and acknowledgements
- Perform tasks and take a key role on the day of events including supporting on post event follow up with guests, coordinating event kit, materials and resources
To be successful you will be proactive and solutions focused with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload in a pressured environment. You will have experience of working as part of a team providing high levels of administrative support and have exceptional attention to detail. In addition, you will have:
- Strong written language skills with the ability to tailor communications for internal and external audiences
- Confident verbal communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide range of people both face-to-face and on the phone
- Excellent IT skills including experience of databases, excel spreadsheets and general office applications
- Willingness to carry out duties outside office hours
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd December 2019