Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Special Events Manager and lead, manage and deliver a range of high-profile events while championing stewardship excellence.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Special Events Manager you will lead on a range of high-profile events that can generate up to £500k, as well as supporting high value stewardship and cultivation across Partnerships and Philanthropy. You will identify engagement and recognition opportunities and seekout new collaborations. You will deliver clear fundraising messaging to engage high value audiences, developing and maintaining strong relationships with event committee members and high net worth individuals. In addition you will:
- Prepare reports and evaluations, sharing recommendations and providing regular progress updates against objectives owning accountability for income, ROI and cultivation targets
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and agencies to develop relationships, negotiate costs and contracts to support a strong ROI on events
- Identify ways to streamline processes and improving ways of working within the team and across the organisation to support the effective delivery of events.
To be successful you will be a creative and passionate team player, with excellent relationship management skills and experience in delivering high value events generating over £100k. With exceptional event and project management skills, you will have experience of working with committees, as well as high-profile donors and corporate partners. You should be income target driven with proven experience of maximising funds raised, managing stewardship events in order to engage donors at the highest level. Additionally, you will have:
- Experience of managing a diverse workload, with multiple deadlines, deliverables and stakeholders
- Experience securing event gifts in kind support and negotiating event contracts
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present concepts and proposals in a clear, effective way and interact with a variety of individuals at all levels
- Working knowledge of charity and fundraising laws.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 16th February 2020