At Save the Rhino International we believe rhinos are magnificent, in themselves and as champions of the incredible wild landscapes in which they live. And they are endangered. To thrive, both rhinos and people need a world that is healthy, diverse and resilient.
Our founders ran their first London Marathon in 1992. Since then, the charity has maintained a tradition of fundraising for conservation through challenge events and other events such as fundraising dinners and the Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture. Our iconic rhino costumes have featured in every London Marathon since 1992, with our team of runners now regularly raising more than £100,000 for rhino conservation.
Save the Rhino International is seeking an experienced Events Manager to lead its Events Programme, including its iconic London Marathon team and other UK and international events.
- Working with the Managing Director and the rest of the team to develop a multi-year 2023-2026 Events Fundraising Strategy and an annual Events Programme
- Leading on all aspects of planning, logistics and team recruitment / stewardship for SRI’s events
- Working with the Communications Team to promote event attendance and participation
- Producing and managing the overall events budget
- Reporting quarterly to our Board of Trustees on event updates
Essential skills / experience:
- at least 3-5 years’ experience of event management
- experience of fundraising
- excellent project, time and budget management skills and administrative skills
- strong communication skills, with the ability to coordinate and build relationships with a wide range of people
- perseverance, and an aptitude for working independently, autonomously, and economically
- being a strong team player, able to assert, listen, negotiate and compromise
- eligibility to work in the UK
Desirable skills / experience:
- experience of working in a charity
- experience of marketing events through digital, press and other platforms
- experience of managing volunteers
- good copywriting and/or presentation skills
- experience of sourcing event sponsorship
- 16-hour outdoor first aid qualification
- Full UK driving licence
The Events Manager will join a friendly, knowledgeable, ambitious and passionate team, who all love what they do and like to have fun doing it. Most importantly, the Events Manager will have a chance to make a difference: to contribute towards our vision of seeing all five rhino species thrive in the wild.
Your covering letter should explain why you want this position and including your contact details. Your CV should be short (max. two pages) and should demonstrate the skills, aptitude, and experience outlined in the person specification and include details of 2-3 referees (name, telephone number, email, nature of relationship). Referees will only be contacted once a conditional job offer has been made.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.