Savera UK is a leading national charity (no.1145564), its vision is to eliminate ‘honour-based’ abuse and harmful practices across the UK and beyond. Savera UK’s mission is to tackle the causes and effects of ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices by helping clients find their ‘savera’ – meaning ‘new beginning by providing one-to-one support for those at risk as well as delivering and providing consultancy and training, raising awareness, and contributing to research. Our values: approachable, respectful, empowering, collaborative, ambitious, leadership.
To identify opportunities and secure additional funding; build and manage relationships and business opportunities that support the organisation’s strategy and ambition for growth.
To work with the CEO to develop and deliver the organisational strategy and business development plan, across all income streams.
- To work closely with the CEO to identify potential customers in our proposed new business sectors
- To work with the CEO, and Savera UK team, to develop new business proposals and presentations that bring together Savera UK’s offer to potential partners
- To strengthen and build new partnerships and collaborations for business opportunities
- The development of specific income streams that are vital to the success of the organisation over the next 3 -5 years, such as ‘Develop core income streams, including corporate partnerships, major donors, individual giving, Trusts and Foundation, legacies
- Develop KPIs for income generation from multiple sources, in conjunction with the CEO
- To develop and deliver creative ways for fundraising
- To identify, prepare and manage funding bids
- To provide monitoring and evaluation information to funders
- Report to the CEO (weekly) on progress against agreed targets and KPIs for new and existing business
- Increase the charity’s presence in key markets, in line with Savera UK’s ambitious strategic plan and against agreed income targets
- Work with all the Savera UK team, Board and Advisory Board to identify new partner organisations suitable for us as a charity
- Provide assistance to the CEO, as and when required
- Provide and present monitoring and evaluation and income reports
- Provide long-term development and growth of the finance and business development function, with a view to recruit and increase personnel
- The successful candidate, in time, will have management, recruitment, and interaction with volunteers
Finance & fundraising development:
- To oversee Savera UK’s finances, to ensure needs and sustainability of services
- To work closely with the Finance Lead on the Board, to present quarterly management accounts to the Board of Directors
- Support the CEO to prepare and present the Annual Accounts report
- Ensure Savera is compliant to the financial audit requirements
- Work with all Savera UK staff, and manage all levels of relationships with clients, stakeholders and partners, that support the organisation to generate and grow income year-on-year
- Represent the charity at presentations, meetings and events related to securing and maintaining new business partnerships and commissioning for the organisation
- Manage all aspects of organisational finance and business development
- To assess and manage all risks related to finance and business development and report to the CEO
General and other:
- To undertake training, as identified and approved by the CEO and Board of Directors
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the role, as required by the CEO and Board
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job, at the date of being prepared. It is, however, possible that over time the nature of the job will change. At that time, the CEO/Savera UK Board will expect to revise this job description in consultation with the post holder.
Closing date: 12pm Tuesday 15th June 2021
We encourage all to apply, in particular those from underrepresented groups. Please note that a Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS) will be required for this post. Savera UK is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Registered address: 151 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2AH Company Number 7564891 Charity Number 1145564
Please visit our website for more information.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please submit an application form. Please note that we do not accept CV's.