About the role
SSE is seeking an Entrepreneurship Delivery Lead to provide leadership in the design, delivery, and management of SSE Entrepreneurship programmes. This role will be pivotal in the advancement of our Entrepreneurship delivery offer for social entrepreneurs across the UK.
This role will involve the direct responsibility for delivering some programmes as well as overall accountability for SSE’s learning programmes delivered by Entrepreneurship facilitators, ensuring they fulfil the requirements of SSE external funding partners and investors.
You will also line manage, supervise and direct, Entrepreneurship facilitators, mentors and other contributors as required. You will play a key ambassadorial role in promoting SSE’s approach to blended learning and ensuring that all our delivery aligns to our action learning pedagogy.
What you’ll be doing
- Finding and recruiting the UK’s most promising social entrepreneurs
- Designing and delivering SSE’s innovative support for social entrepreneurs
- Overseeing and managing budgets and progress on SSE’s programmes
- Building yours and SSE’s changemaking know-how, nationally & globally
- Lead the management of SSE’s internal bank of entrepreneurship support resources, for the benefit of social entrepreneurs across the UK and internationally.
- Lead the curation of SSE’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which will host digital entrepreneurship support resources for SSE’s social entrepreneurs to access during and beyond our programmes
- Play a lead role in supporting the Entrepreneurship Team to source and curate digital content for online self-directed study
- Experienced in managing a business venture, social enterprise or project
- A track record of supporting leaders and/or ventures to thrive through facilitating interventions such as coaching and innovative group workshops
- Experienced in designing learning or development experiences
- Experienced in producing digital content to support to support individuals and ventures to build their capacity
- Knowledge of different (social) enterprise business models – including SSE - and how
- Budget and data-driven; agile, analytical and solutions-focused
- Experienced in leading and managing individuals and teams remotely in order to achieve shared goals
- Belief in the power of social enterprise to improve communities, systems and people’s respective qualities of life.
What can SSE offer you?
- Flexible working
- 25 days’ annual leave, Christmas closure days + UK bank holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Personal development training budget
- Attend SSE courses & learning sessions for free
- Access to Mindful Employer Plus, a 24/7 confidential employee helpline
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Team away days twice a year
- Annual season ticket loan & Cycle to work scheme
- Staff working groups to bring your passion and expertise to: Climate Action, Digital Champions, DEI and Wellbeing
We can’t fix issues like poverty, climate change and ill-health alone. That’s why the School for Social Entrepreneurs exists. SSE helps 1,000 people a year develop the skills, strengths and networks they need to tackle society’s biggest problems. It runs courses that equip people to start, scale and strengthen organisations that make a positive difference. But it is not a traditional school. Learning with SSE is inspiring, action-based and accessible. SSE supports people in others ways too, such as funding and mentoring. Lord Michael Young founded SSE as a charity in 1997, and it’s grown to a network of schools across the UK, Canada and India. Together, SSE is changing lives and transforming communities.
What we do and why we do it
- Our vision is a socially and environmentally just society, where the potential of all people is fully realised.
- Our mission is to empower and equip people with entrepreneurial ideas and solutions to grow the social economy.
Company Culture & Values
SSE is a vibrant organisation; we work entrepreneurially and are committed to providing quality learning opportunities for social entrepreneurs, community businesses and social sector leaders. Working here is engaging, exciting and demanding. If you are someone who enjoys creating solutions and contributing your ideas you’ll enjoy how we work.
At SSE, everyone’s ideas are welcome for how we can learn and improve. People at all levels contribute ideas for our future, and we collaborate with our UK teams and international teams to share best practice.
We like to enjoy good times together too, because changing the world is an exciting task that’s worth celebrating!
We want to work with (and continue to develop) individuals who can embody and demonstrate the following values and mindset:
- We are always learning
- We are collaborative
- We are entrepreneurial
- We are inclusive
- We are trusting
Our Commitment to Inclusion
Diversity is a fact of life. Inclusion is a choice and a practice – for organisations and individuals.
At SSE, our aim is to drive inclusion into every area and activity of what we do: from access to programmes, to grant investment, to board, staff and partnerships.
We challenge ourselves to build diverse teams. We recognise that diverse teams improve the quality and richness of our work, and that diverse connections are essential for creating lasting change.
We choose to be consciously inclusive and to champion the value of diversity.
However you identify, we would like to hear from you. In our commitment to continue to diversify our teams, freelance staff and programmes, we are particularly keen to hear from people who identify as:
- being from racialised and minoritised communities
- and/or LGBTQ+
- and/or disabled, including learning and non-visible disabilities
If you require any reasonable adjustments during our recruitment processes, including assistance with reading this page, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.