INTRODUCING SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS:
“Life is an uneven playing field – we want to level it out”
Some people may view SOHK as a rugby charity, others as a mental health charity. Others will say that it is the place where they found the confidence to thrive at school or simply get a job when they never thought that was possible. Working with people aged from 11 to, well, there’s no specific upper age limit (!) we just want to create a society where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. Here’s what one professional has written about us:
“School of Hard Knocks is about the development of the whole person. By enabling self-worth through an environment of genuine acceptance, participants move from a mind-set characterised by threat, instability and confusion, to one that promotes and maintains optimism, emotional resilience and ultimately life satisfaction. In essence the 'School of Hard Knocks' provides individuals the opportunity to find a meaning and purpose to life.”
Dr Mikel Mellick PhD, CPsychol, AFBPsS, RegPractPsych (HCPC) - Senior Lecturer in Athlete Mental Health, Cardiff Met
Our entire staff team are on a mission – but fun, energy and passion fuel the journey. Do you think this is the sort of team you want to be part of?
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Over the past nine years, SOHK has forged many positive partnerships with foundations, businesses, and individuals who connect with us at many levels. As we look to our 10th Anniversary year, 2022, we are looking to galvanise those existing relationships while engaging with lots of new friends, and creating mutually beneficial partnerships through an ambitious programme of events and an anniversary campaign. You will work alongside our Senior Campaign Manager to lead us through this exciting next 12 months and beyond.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To be a driving member of the events team
- To support the Campaign Manager through research and execution of stakeholder and engagement events
- To co-create a bold and ambitious plan to take us forward beyond the anniversary year
- To inspire people to donate money, take part in our challenges and advocate for us, and to give them a positive experience in doing so
- To engage with regular donors and corporate partners
- NOTE: Trusts and grant applications will not be a significant part of your job – this is mostly done by regional directors
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE JOB
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including patrons, corporate donors and sports celebrities
- Supporting our directors in their regional events (Cardiff, Edinburgh, London)
- Working with the Campaign Manager on a series of stakeholder and engagement events
- Promoting and co-planning our newly annualised ‘Le Jog’ cycle event
Time at your desk:
- Giving quality time to our CRM and squeezing the most out of it
- Doing lots of research on potential / current, mid-high level donors
- Working with the finance manager to keep the income that we generate in line with areas of need
A great work culture:
- Genuine flexibility in terms of where you work
- Termly wellbeing days with the team and an all-round commitment to your wellbeing
- A commitment to your development - career progression & promotion is our ambition for you
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Will be highly organised and methodical
- Will be data savvy and comfortable with customer relationship management (CRM)
- Will be a great ‘people person’ – likeable, positive, supportive
- Will be ambitious and willing to
- Will be able to work on their own for chunks of time but also commit to one day a week in our London office.
- Will be fully aligned with our vision and mission
SALARY, START DATES, CONTRACT
- The salary will between £28,000 - £31,000 depending on experience
- We want to get you started as soon as possible
- This is a full time, permanent role
Please send a CV and covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.