The School of Philosophy & Economic Science is recruiting for a part-time Assistant Management Accountant to work within our lively and vibrant educational charity providing Practical Philosophy and Economics courses, based in Central London.
Contract: 12 month fixed-term contract
Working hours: 3 days per week/ 0.6 Full-Time Equivalent
Place of work: Hybrid between working from home with some days in the office (to be agreed)
Annual leave: 28 days per annum (pro-rata)
Pension: 7% of gross pay employers' contribution into company pension plan
This is a 12-month contract with the potential for extension, and to become a full-time role.
- To share/assist the duties of the Management Accountant
- To support the Chief Accountant and Trainee Accountant in carrying out the regular tasks of the Accounts Department
- To provide cover during absence
- Managing the year-end process and Audit.
- Production of Management Accounts.
- Liaising with the branches of the charity to produce summary financial performance reports.
- Regular Cash Flow forecasting and assessment of cash/funds availability.
- Accurate and timely reconciliation of all the Trial Balance control accounts, including debtor, creditor, cash, salary and NI to HMRC.
- General accounting tasks.
Qualified or part-qualified Accountant.
2+ years’ experience in preparing full set of consolidated accounts for audit, ideally in a charity.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and organised, and will demonstrate strong IT skills. They will be energetic and a problem-solver.
Interviews will be in two stages. Please see the full Job Description.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15 June 2022 but we will begin interviewing prior to this date as and when promising applications are received.
Due to the volume received, it is our policy not to respond to unsuccessful applications.
The cover letter should include details of how you feel your experience relates to this role, why you would be a good fit, and what interests you about this opportunity. Generic cover letters with no reference to the Job Description will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.