Personal Assistant to Chief Executive
Salary: £30k - £35k and attractive terms, dependent on experience
The Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) is an international forum where science meets business. Established in 1881, SCI is a registered charity, based in London, with members in over 70 countries.
SCI’s principle charitable objective is to advance the application of science into industry for public benefit, and it does this through events, publications and other activities.
SCI seeks an experienced full-time Personal Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive. Routine duties include diary management, managing a contacts database, filing, travel and meeting arrangements and management for the Chief Executive. This is also a supporting role for assisting with the charity’s governance and the reception area and will require governance or board committee experience (including minute taking) in respect of the Board of Trustees.
We are looking for a professional and experienced PA to join this small, friendly team. The role involves liaising with senior level contacts so requires someone from a professional background comfortable liaising with CEOs and other senior directors.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be flexible, proactive and have experience of organising a busy executive office. The ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines is important. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Experience of working in a senior capacity in a professional or corporate environment is essential.
This role is normally office based, with the office in Belgravia, central London, but is currently home based due to the COVID regulations. On an ongoing basis there is the possibility of working from home part-time.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this position
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience as a Personal Assistant.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills, flexible and the proven ability to multitask.
- Experienced minute taker.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Planner and PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Teams.
- Proactive and willing to act on own initiative both individually and as a member of a team.
- High aptitude for spelling and grammar, and accuracy in data entry and proof-reading.
- Personable, positive and a team player.
- Understanding of a charity or membership organisation desirable.
Deadline: Midnight on 12 June 2020 however, please note, interviews may take place before the closing date for the right candidate.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter detailing your experience via the online option.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.