This post is offered at two levels: Venue Manager or Venue and Sponsorship Manager. Candidates for the higher level post (Venue and Sponsorship manager) will be expected to fulfil all criteria listed in the person specification below.
SCI is an innovation organisation connecting science and business and building a community for like-minded individuals to exchange ideas, share knowledge and collaborate on scientific innovation for the benefit of society.
Based in Belgrave Square in a Grade I listed building, our busy venue sits in a prime location equipped with a full conference suite, science garden, 140-seat auditorium and a library which offer a unique experience for meetings, dinners and events.
We are looking for a Venue and Sponsorship Manager to increase income to support SCI’s charitable activity. The postholder will be required to manage their time effectively to generate income streams from both venue hire and sponsorship activities, and to build trusted relationships with key clients to maximise benefit for clients. The role includes providing assistance for client led events within Belgrave Square to ensure a first class experience.
The post holder will be measured on reaching income targets, alongside growth of new and existing relationships.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is keen to use their ability to secure income for a not for profit, charitable organisation and can combine this with innovative thinking and a proactive approach to business growth.
This is a fast paced, varied role with significant interaction with external clients.
- Generate increased income from venue hire and sponsorship
- Work with Key Accounts to deliver high quality events held in Belgrave Square
- Promote SCI as first class organisation and a natural home for alignment with science and business interactions
Knowledge, skills & experience
Items marked with a * are applicable to the Venue and Sponsorship Manager post only
- Minimum 2 years working in an income generating role or working to agreed financial targets*
- Minimum 2 years in a role focussed on event planning, project management or venue sales
- Key account management experience*
- Experience of generating marketing materials or running marketing campaigns*
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapting to changing priorities
- Able to confidently communicate at all levels, working with and influencing key stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work outside of core contracted hours from time to time (TOIL will be applied)
- An interest in science and its application in industry
- Experience using CRM systems
- Experience using social media tools for marketing purposes
Salary £28,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience and level of appointment.
Venue Manger £28,000-£30,000
Venue and Sponsorship Manager £35,000-£40,000
How to apply
Prior to application and for full details of the job requirements, please read the associated job description.
Please send a copy of your CV and a short statement (no more than 300 words) giving details of your suitability for the role.
Application deadline: Sunday 27 October 2019, however please note that applications will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.