Award winning children's service provider seeking 2 new Trustees.
About our trustees
As a Trustee, you will sit on the Board and make up the governing body of Sci4Us. Our Trustees will be responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity.
Your expert guidance will be needed to help us attain and even expand our aims, objectives and goals in accordance with company, legal and regulatory guidelines.
The Trustees on our board will be a true reflection of our community each possessing varied skills, knowledge and experience that will work together to enhance the delivery of our STEM services to all the children.
The responsibilities of a trustee are to ensure:
- Sci4Us complies with its legal framework, in addition to charity law, company law and any other relevant legislations and regulations.
- Sci4Us pursues its defined aims and objectives in line with its governing document.
- Our resources are used solely to pursue our defined aims and objectives.
- The financial position is monitored and that it operates within its means with there are clear lines of accountability for financial management.
- The administration of the company is carried out efficiently and effectively
- You maintain confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received in the course of duties as a trustee.
In addition to the above responsibilities, it is essential that each trustee uses their specific skill set, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board reach sound decisions.
This may involve:
- Attending and taking full part in board meetings (3 times a year)
- Scrutinising board papers
- Leading discussions
- Focusing on key issues
- Providing guidance on new initiatives
- Offering special expertise, experience and perspectives