To lead on the development and delivery of a programme of growth to increase income from the currently successful community and events stream. Leading on identifying and developing new opportunities, engaging new audiences to increase and diversify our supporter base. As well as developing engaging supporter journeys and stewardship plans to ensure we have a database of long-term, engaged and active supporters.
Internal: Fundraising team, SRUK staff team, Volunteers
External: Individual Fundraisers, Community Groups, Small Businesses, Community Volunteers, event suppliers, SRUK members
Scope of Role
- Implement and shape the Strategy for community and events fundraising
- Develop an annual programme of events with a full marketing and advertising plan across various platforms
- Foster and strengthen relationships with community and event fundraisers by implementing tailored supporter journeys and stewardship plans
- Develop and implement new events and initiatives to offer significant ROI, engage new audiences and increase long-term support.
- Continually assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the community and events fundraising programme making recommendations to ensure that we are maximising our income and reach
SRUK is a small team so working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills. Our roles are a mixture of being very hands-on in order to get things done and working strategically to ensure that SRUK meets its long-term objectives .The successful candidate will be an experienced and innovative community and/or events fundraiser with the ability to inspire and motivate fundraisers and develop new opportunities and initiatives.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development or, equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working within community and/or events fundraising and proven track record in achieving financial targets and key objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of growing the supporter base for community and/or events fundraising.
- Demonstrable experience of growing and sustaining community and/or events income.
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities to deliver high quality results to deadlines.
- Able to motivate & engage with volunteers' and mobilise them toward fundraising activities.
- Experience of working with and delivering effective communications activity for fundraising activities and partnerships.
- Experience of managing events from start to finish including carrying out risk assessments, managing and recruiting volunteers and liaising with event suppliers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong relationships with individuals and groups.
- Ability to focus on impact and deliver outstanding results in a team environment and contribute positively as part of a team.
- Communications – excellent written and verbal skills, working across various platforms both online and offline.
- Knowledge of donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Well organised, able to prioritise work for self and others with an understanding of the importance of detail.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach with an ability to identify and act upon opportunities.
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to develop new approaches.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To contribute to the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy, by preparing community fundraising and fundraising event plans which link into the overall strategy, budget and targets, and to report on progress of these plans throughout the year.
- To build in contingency plans and risk management strategies to ensure that any potential shortfalls in income are mitigated and managed.
2. Income Generation
- To rapidly grow community and events income and create a sustainable community and events programme to continue growth.
- To research, plan and implement both existing and new fundraising events to engage a wide range of long term supporters in a broad range of activities, achieving a significant ROI.
- To manage all event logistics, establishing and implementing a clear project plan to ensure compliance with insurance liability, risk assessments, Institute of Fundraising guidelines, GDPR and general Health & Safety legislation.
- Maximise income from Third party Events such as Virgin Money London Marathon by filling all paid for places with a team of dedicated supporters.
- Provide guidance and support to supporters when planning their own events, ensuring that materials are up-to-date, relevant, engaging and available across all platforms.
- To regularly assess & evaluate the effectiveness of community and event fundraising activity including income and expenditure and analysis of events, producing reports for senior management as required.
- To work closely with the Content Manager and Head of Fundraising and Communications to ensure that all events are appropriately marketed and all public relations opportunities are maximised.
- To work closely with the Head of Fundraising and Communications to research and secure sponsorship for events using existing contacts and cold approaches.
- To build a programme of Community fundraising support from individuals, clubs, groups, associations and small businesses to ensure that we have a broad and engaged supporter base.
3. Supporter Care
- Be the key point of contact, to provide continuity and effective management of relationships with community and event fundraisers, maximising fundraising and developing long term supporters by delivering high standards of supporter stewardship.
- To attend community and event fundraisers to raise awareness of the charity and support charity fundraisers.
- Capture and record supporter data to inform the supporter journey and stewardship plan in line with GDPR and SRUK policies.
- Pass on leads where appropriate to other fundraisers and act on/advise where appropriate.
- Account manage charity of the year partnerships with local businesses.
- Approach and support local clubs, societies and schools to fundraise for SRUK.
- Support, motivate and develop local fundraising volunteers, ensuring they have a clear understanding of SRUK and our purpose.
- Implement, recruit and support a volunteers and ambassador network to build a community of engaged supporters and advocates.
5. Policy and Procedure
- Ensure all necessary donation administration is accurately assigned, ensuring that high standards of financial and donor records are kept, the supporter database is maintained and all activities are conducted in line with the current GDPR rules, legislation relating to charitable activities and SRUK policies.
- Keep up to date with fundraising legislation and codes of practice and to provide relevant advice to fundraisers and colleagues.
6. Other Duties
- To be prepared to be away from home overnight, as the job reasonably demands.
- To undertake any other works as could be expected of a Senior Community and Events Fundraiser.
The duties in this job description may change from time to time following a review and in consultation between the post holder and line manager
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a cover letter, no more than 2 sides of A4, which demonstrates how you meet the role requirements with clear examples.
Applications must be received by 5pm on 21st November.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 25th November. Interviews are scheduled for w/c 2nd December
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.