Location: London, W10
Starting salary: £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, generous holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to work for two affiliated charities changing the outlook for people with scoliosis (curvature of the spine). SAUK’s aims are to provide advice, support, and information to people affected by scoliosis and their families and raise awareness of scoliosis amongst the general public and healthcare professionals. The BSRF is the only charity that exists solely to promote and fund research into the treatment of scoliosis in the UK. The BSRF also holds international symposiums to disseminate scoliosis research.
Since we are a small team, you will learn how a small charity is run and be able to support those affected by the condition.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Communications Officer to support the development and delivery of our marketing communications programme. You'll work on a range of communications campaigns, publications, and projects to help us deliver a great service. We are looking for a candidate to design, write, edit, co-ordinate and publish content across various channels, including the website, social media, and print and online marketing materials.
You will also be required to assist with our Helpline enquiries and with the organisation of all meetings hosted or attended, including the biennial international Phillip Zorab Symposium.
Knowledge and skills required
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Degree level or equivalent
- Ability to use social media
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing and/or communication roles
- Proactive approach to generating interesting and informative articles
- IT proficient with basic to intermediate level desktop design (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience of delivering projects and campaigns using a range of methods and tactics (e.g. creative design, email marketing, publications, media relations)
Closing date: 3rd February 2020
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us. A job desciption has been attached to help with your application.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.