Full-time (may consider 4 days per week)
Flexible location but with regular travel, likely 2 days per week in Here East
We’re the disability equality charity. We won't stop until we achieve a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness. At home. At school. At work. In our communities.
We provide practical advice and emotional support whenever people need it most. We use our collective power to change attitudes and end injustice. And we campaign relentlessly to create a fairer society.
About the role
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you looking for a busy and varied role?
We are looking for an Employee Relations Manager to come and join our People Management team.
You’ll be Scope’s employee relations expert bringing experience of ET representation, organisational change, data analysis and insight to drive improvements in our approach, alongside complex case management. You’ll manage a team of three, including our Policy and Reward consultant, leading a team with specialist knowledge to drive a consistent and supportive approach across Scope. There is a lot to do, so you’ll be proactive, comfortable in a changing environment and able to support managers making the best decisions for Scope.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and competencies:
- Extensive Employee Relations experience, including a demonstrable track record in adding value to the organisation, including successful tribunal results and successful implementation of change via collective consultation;
- Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification, chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development;
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law and the employment tribunal process;
- Commercial approach to providing solutions to people issues;
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills;
- People Manager skills and team development;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled applicants.
For more information or to apply please email your CV and a covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2019.