General Shop Assistant Volunteer, Haywards Heath
Do you want to make a real difference to Scope, the disability equality charity, and our income?
Do you like a variety of roles, from talking to people to sorting stock, or are you not sure what you’d like to do?
Do you have a couple of hours a week to support your local charity shop?
You might like our shop volunteer role!
About this role
You will be vital to the work of your local Scope shop, generating income and raising awareness of our work in your local community. You will receive all training and support you need to get involved and enjoy your time volunteering.
Your role may include:
- sorting and organising goods for sale
- helping to display stock and window dressing
- tidying and cleaning the shop
- welcoming and supporting customers
- using the till and taking payments
- steaming clothes so they look better for customers
- pricing and tagging new donations
When and where
You will be in our Haywards Heath Scope shop at 114-116 South Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 4LL. We are flexible on the times you would like to volunteer. We’d love your help for as little as 1 hour a week, but if you can give more time that would help us even more.
Who we’re looking for
We welcome anyone who is friendly and passionate about disability equality!
Some volunteers want to learn more about charities or about retail. Others want to make a difference to the lives of disabled people. Other volunteers are interested in our training and development opportunities. Some people join us to meet new people and make friends. Sometimes people want to help a charity shop they like shopping in, while also getting a discount in the shop!
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all volunteers.
Skills and experience you can gain
- customer service
- till operation
- retail skills
- stock preparation and management
- health and safety
- valuable experience for your cv
- experience of a large, national disability charity
What we can offer you
- introduction to scope
- demonstration of your tasks
- training courses, in person and online
- personal development opportunities
- support and regular catchups from a dedicated manager
- agreed travel expenses
- adjustments to make the role accessible for you
- work experience for your cv
- a work reference
- 20% discount in your scope charity shop
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Volunteering at Scope
Scope is a disability equality charity providing practical information, emotional support and campaigning for a fairer society.
As a shop volunteer, you’ll help raise vital funds for our work towards everyday equality for disabled people. You will make a real difference to the lives of disabled people and their families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.