Our Brighton Shop is relaunching in March 2020 and we need your help!
Support shop staff and volunteers, develop your skills and be a disability gamechanger in your local community.
About your role
You will help raise vital charity income to fund our work to achieve everyday equality for disabled people. As a Lead Volunteer for Scope you will help to oversee the running of our shop and free up staff time. You might get involved in:
- Being a key-holder, opening and closing the shop
- Overseeing and supporting other volunteers
- Supporting the shop manager and assistant manager
- Banking and cashing up
- In-store promotions and campaigns
This is a very flexible role. We’re open 7 days a week, so chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
- Reliable and responsible
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver
- Motivated to develop leadership skills and confidence
- Keen to learn
Skills you’ll gain
- Running a retail store
- Customer service skills
- Supporting and supervising volunteers
- Coaching and mentoring
- Cash handling and banking
- Excellent customer service
- Valuable experience for your CV
- Experience in a large national disability charity
The support you will get
- Volunteer induction into Scope
- Relevant training
- One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
- We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you need this)
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. We expect all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.