Are you interested in finding new ways to raise money for a charity?
Are you passionate about being led by audience insights and market trends?
Are you a target-driven individual who loves a challenge?
Are you passionate about achieving everyday equality for disabled people?
Join an amazing group of Disability Gamechangers and make a lasting impact for disabled people.
We are looking for an experienced direct and digital marketing professional to join our Public Fundraising team. The primary focus of this role is to lead on the diversification of Scope’s income generation programme.
Audience-focussed and digitally savvy, you will have a proven track record of delivering engaging direct marketing campaigns to generate income, increase value and develop loyalty.
Over the next four years Scope’s services will directly reach two million people, driving change for many of the 14 million disabled people in the UK.
Scope depends on support from many hundreds of thousands of people to achieve strategic goals. In order to achieve these ambitions, Scope needs to diversify income streams to drive financial supporters from a wider portfolio.
An example of this is the multiple award-winning Mindful Monsters subscription product which connects Scope supporters and the cause through mindfulness play for children and their families.
We are investing in an innovation project to improve the profitability of this product. In addition to managing the retention of existing customers, this role will be responsible for leading on this project and all other new product development at Scope.
- Project managing an innovation project to increase profitability of Scope’s subscription product, exploring new and existing options for target audience, brand, creative development, supporter journey and infrastructure.
- Managing the relationship with innovation partners and creative agencies.
- Mapping out and testing supporter journeys and building communication plans to support this.
- Ensuring the timely fulfilment of regular communications via mail, email and social media.
- Evaluating work/progress on a regular basis, reporting to the team and managers as appropriate
- Ensuring that KPIs are met, and costs are all within agreed targets.
- Working closely with the supporter care, social media, and the community fundraising teams to grow engagement and ensure positive supporter service through existing social media, digital, and offline channels.
- Keeping up to date with news and trends relating to the external market and opportunities for NPD.
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Full job description
An innovator. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in the charity market who is open to new ideas for raising money, driven by audience insights and market trends. Someone with a passion and good understanding of developing and managing retention activity including; supporter journey development and optimisation, retention modelling, campaign/account/project management, and content management to engage and inspire supporters.
An inspiring project manager. We are looking for someone who can build relationships and work effectively across numerous teams, stakeholders and external agencies.
A target driven and creative individual who loves a challenge and is focused like we are on Everyday Equality.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to seize every opportunity to build a truly diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are always looking for applications from disabled people. If you are disabled and you have the skills and, or the experience to do the job, we really want to interview you. Just let us know in your application that you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.