Thanks to the commitment and generosity of our supporters, the Scottish Bible Society is a charity that helps people in over 200 countries and territories around the world to receive Bibles in a language they understand and a format they can use. We are involved in transformative projects that include teaching people how to read using the Bible, contributing to education programmes for children and much more!
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and strategic leader who excels in a senior management position and as part of a senior leadership team. You will be someone with communications, marketing and PR experience that can raise the profile of the SBS brand, engage audiences to respond by supporting the SBS mission, and motivate a staff team to deliver the organisational objectives. You will have experience of managing campaigns that help meet fundraising targets for a charitable organisation, or a background in campaign management that drives sales for a commercial organisation.
The role reports to the Chief Executive. You will be articulate, have strong influencing skills and proven stakeholder management skills to work with all levels of staff in the organisation, our board of directors, and external partners. This is a senior role in an organisation with a strong Christian ethos, therefore there is an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian.
- Full-time role based at Bible House, Edinburgh near Haymarket train station.
- Out of normal business hours or occasional weekend work may be required, with time off in lieu in return.
- Some UK and overseas travel from time-to-time may be required, with time off in lieu in return.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 14th August 2020.
- Interviews will take place during the first half of September 2020.
For the full job description please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.