We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Commercial Solicitor to join the legal Services team in Gilwell Park, London. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354.00 (Band F) per annum.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Junior Commercial Solicitor Role:
The role is primarily focused on the delivery of a wide range of legal advice to The Scouts Association (“TSA”), its subsidiary companies and the Scouts Association Trust Corporation in the areas of, property, contract and data protection. The role holder will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of the business in order to provide accurate and timely advice and to ensure that TSA is compliant with legislation and best practice.
What will you be doing in the Junior Commercial Solicitor role?
- Providing advice to both TSA and the Scout Association Trust Corporation, which acts as Custodian Trustee for TSA and its members in relation to property and conveyancing matters
- Working closely with the Commercial Solicitor to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Preparing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a range of commercial property matters for SATC in its role as Custodian Trustee; including the grant, renewal and surrender of leases, commercial sales and purchases
- Providing commercial advice to colleagues on contracts with funders, suppliers, partners; including drafting and negotiation agreements with a particular focus on technology, intellectual property, and fundraising contracts as well as collaboration and partnership agreements
- Advising and guiding staff and others to ensure compliance with data protection legislation including responding to data subject access requests
- Advising on regulatory and compliance matters including charity, company, and fundraising law and best practice
- Providing guidance and advice to the TSA and the wider movement as appropriate
- Undertaking legal research as required
- Carrying out any other legal work and tasks as required by the Head of Legal Services
What we are looking for in our Junior Commercial Solicitor:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 1 year Post Qualification Experience
- Demonstrable experience of transactional commercial property law and some understanding of property litigation.
- Knowledge of general commercial contract law and regulatory matters affecting the charity sector
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating and drafting a range of contracts
- Practical understanding of the General Data Protection Legislation knowledge of procurement is desirable
- Ability to conduct legal research, interpret legislation and case law
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex legal documents.
- Demonstrable excellent client care skills
- Demonstrable good I.T skills
- Ability to use an electronic case management system
What we can offer you as our Junior Commercial Solicitor:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Gilwell park minibus service
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 9th May 2021
Interviews will be held on Monday 24 May 2021
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies