We are looking for someone to join the marketing, communications and digital team, with a focus on working on the ScreenSkills’ training & opportunity directory and its contents which represent 45% of all website traffic. Collaborating with marcomms and digital colleagues, the successful candidate will also manage ScreenSkills’ social media channels and use social media and ScreenSkills' own internal marketing tools to promote the activities of the training and opportunities directory and the wider work of the organisation. In the last 18 months, ScreenSkills has delivered over 1,400 activities including events, training, e-learning and programmes such as bursaries and mentoring.
This role offers the right candidate an incredible opportunity to help build an evolving online platform and community, and to support and enhance the work of a charity operating at the heart of the UK’s exciting film and television industries. The initial contract will be 12 months and an immediate start is an option.
Digital Marketing | Social Media| CMS | Project Administration & Coordination
- Liaising with colleagues including attending departmental team meetings to be aware of current and upcoming activities that will be hosted through the training and opportunities directory
- Writing, editing and publishing entries to the training and opportunities directory
- Curating and adapting partner or training providers’ content for the training and opportunities directory
- Ensuring the directory’s back-end functionality has been set-up correctly for project and management purposes
- Working with the mentoring team to produce partner pages to serve their various mentoring programmes
- Creating application forms
- Working with a business intelligence developer to ensure the activities are being tracked and reported on as expected
- Owning and updating the “how-to-guides” which explain how events, training, e-learning and programmes can be set up on site’s backend.
- Technology testing relating to directory upgrades
- Management of customer service mailbox relating to applications, bookings and general troubleshooting
- Working with product owner to ensure the technology is continually updated to meet the company’s requirements
- Managing social media platforms and creating social media assets and messaging
- Working with marketing colleagues to devise and support the delivery of digital marketing campaigns
- Contributing to the work of the marcomms and digital team in developing effective engagement with the screen industries and the screen workforce
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Thrives in fluid, fast-moving work environments - is a self-starter and feel comfortable executing tasks independently
- Is a natural relationship builder who enjoys connecting with people and growing our network both online and at events
- Is a digital native who feels incredibly comfortable working with a CMS and social media tools such as Sendible
- Excellent writing skills and a clear grasp of what content works well online
- An understanding of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Is detail-oriented and analysis-driven, but with a "get it done" mentality
- Enjoys working with small, distributed teams
- Has a passion and/or knowledge of the screen industries and online media
- Has ambition, loves a challenge and revels in successful outcomes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Has experience using online analytics tools, for example Google Analytics and/or Tag Manager
- Understanding of digital marketing including GoogleAds would be an asset
- Basic filming skills and video editing skills in Premiere Pro
Please submit a CV and covering letter clearly stating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role or you can apply via our website. An immediate start is available. We'll be reviewing applications as they are received.
We would like to thank you for the time and effort made in submitting your application. As a charity we are conscious of how and where we use our limited resources. This means we are unable to respond to every application received, if you have not had a response within three weeks of the closing date please assume on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. I hope this outcome does not deter you from applying for future roles within our organisation.
Corporate responsibilities of all ScreenSkills personnel:
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of ScreenSkills’ overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ScreenSkills’ positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (e.g. such as disabled talent, those who are Black, Asian and minority ethnic and from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high-quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the ScreenSkills’ intranet for internal communications and authorised systems for contact management.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering after a career break, women, people who are LGBTQ+, black, Asian and people of colour, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, from a less advantaged socio-economic background as well as any other under-represented group.
Submit a CV and Cover Letter explaining how your experience matches the responsibilities of the role