Grants and Contract Manager will support the Head of Finance & Operations and lead on various grant, bursaries and non-grant programmes ensuring that projects fall within budget, are contracted in a timely manner and subsequently monitored. They will work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure that funders’ requirements are met.
Grants Contracts and Bursaries Management
- In collaboration with delivery teams, develop appropriate schemes, guidelines, funding programmes, application and assessment forms for the fund.
- Work closely with the delivery team to regularly inform fund priorities and processes.
- Managing finance process for grants commissioning rounds and tenders.
- Collate the assessment of applications to the funds, reviewing project budgets and cash flow summaries, financial assessment and presenting recommendations to the relevant decision panel or delivery managers.
- Manage master templates of grants and bursaries contracts with regular reviews.
- Issue and manage grant contracts ensuring that these are legally sound and are linked with deliverables and are in line with the company procurement policy.
- Preparing weekly journals for new commitments, adjustments and fall-ins including supporting documents, processing claims and payments.
- Preparing monthly grants cash flow forecasting from grants system.
- Ensuring projects are within budget and are processed in a timely manner.
- Work with other colleagues in ScreenSkills to monitor grants, including appropriate outcomes and reporting regimes and authorise grant payments.
- Work with other colleagues in ScreenSkills to maintain effective customer focused relationships with the grant recipients.
- Work closely with delivery and finance team to develop an effective grants and contracts process, ongoing evaluation and continual improvement of the process.
- Work closely with Bursaries team to effectively manage finance process for bursaries including guide and process.
Systems and Reporting
- Develop, implement and maintain effective grant management and reporting systems on funds managed using the grants database (BBGM)
- Reconciling grants data from grants database (BBGM) with finance system (Sun).
- Regular review of aged grant creditors report - at least quarterly, providing narrative, prompt processing of fall-in grants, chasing grants creditors for outstanding reports and closing off grants in grants database and reporting it to finance system.
- Maintaining the grants management system, providing training to new members including guides, on-going evaluation of the system, identifying weaknesses and putting solutions in place.
- Maintain fraud and identity check system (CIFAS), reporting and acting as Fraud Compliance Officer
- Lead on budget and cash flow management for each of the funding programmes in relations to the grants and bursaries
- Provide support to other members of the Fund team
- Provide support during financial and performance audit.
- Provide process training to new delivery staff.
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure suitable promotion of the funds to potential applicants, and the projects it supports to the industry and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Head of Finance & Operations to report on all funded activities to stakeholders including identifying the timing of programme releases.
- Any other duties as may be required which may include contributing to wider ScreenSkills projects and bids.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified or Part qualified in a business or finance qualification
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within finance department
- Proven experience of contracts management
- Proven experience of data analysis and manipulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of legal compliance/documentation
- Experience of setting up processes to ensure master templates and contracts are reviewed
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively manage varied tasks with competing priorities with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work
- Excellent IT skills including advance Level of Excel
Preferred skills and experience:
- Previous working experience of BBGM (GIFTS), SUN accounting system using Q&A
Other skills and attributes:
- Excellent teamwork
- Innovative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to Excellence
- Commercial –Awareness
Please submit a CV and covering letter clearly stating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role or you can apply via our website.
Corporate responsibilities of all ScreenSkills Personnel:
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of ScreenSkills’ overall strategic objectives
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ScreenSkills’ positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (e.g. such as those with disabilities and/or Black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender)
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high-quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the ScreenSkills’ intranet for internal communications and authorised systems for contact management.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups such as women, people who are Black, Asian and minority ethnic, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, LGBTQ+, with caring responsibilities, parents or carers who are returning after a career break, from different nations and regions, from a less advantaged socio-economic background or any other under-represented group.
We would like to thank you for the time and effort made in submitting your application. As a charity we are conscious of how and where we use our limited resources. This means we are unable to respond to every application received, if you have not had a response within three weeks of the closing date please assume on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. I hope this outcome does not deter you from applying for future roles within our organisation.
Please submit a CV and covering letter clearly stating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role