Scripture Union are passionate about seeing a new generation of children and young people have a vibrant, personal faith in Jesus. We are seeking a Safeguarding Manager, to work in partnership with key staff across Scripture Union in England and Wales to set the strategic direction for safeguarding and maintain and improve our movement-wide safeguarding at both policy and practical levels, through involvement in policy and written material, training, support, case handling and reporting.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good working knowledge of current safeguarding legislation and best practice, particularly in relation to working with children and young people and/or in a faith-based context.
- Be organised and systematic, with an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in this area.
- Be a confident and personable communicator, comfortable with both written and verbal communication styles.
- Be good at time management and planning.
- Be resilient and determined.
- Be a problem solver, with the ability to look for and find answers.
- Have the ability to network, ask questions, and gather information.
- Be an enthusiastic team player and be competent at working effectively on your own, as well as part of a team.
If this describes you, and you are in agreement with the aims and beliefs of Scripture Union, then we would like to hear from you. For more details or to apply, please visit our website and download an application pack.
We provide a range of benefits to reward our employees which includes: Annual leave, above statutory leave entitlement. Additional 5 days to volunteer on a Scripture Union event. Group Pension scheme, with up to 12% employer contribution. Life insurance (Death in Service). Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) which provides 75% of base salary, after six months absence. Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), [email protected] services to support your health and wellbeing and Free Bible reading notes.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Adelaide Nketsia, HR Officer.
Interview date: W/B 12th July 2021
Interview location: Milton Keynes
The Movement takes Safeguarding seriously. This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and have an occupational requirement to be filled by a committed Christian, active in church life. Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9